1970s Rado NCC 101 (Ref. 11944) Blue Dial
Rado began its roots in 1917 Lengnau, Switzerland with humble beginnings as three brothers Fritz, Ernst, and Werner Schlup created Schlup & Co. out of their parent's house, which would later become Rado in the 1950s. Rado found success in their fashion-forward designs that became very popular in the 60s and 70s.
Rado's NCC line of watches debuted in 1970 and saw many variations during its tenure until 1979. NCC or "New Conception Construction" was Rado's newest method of case construction to ensure both shock protection and water resistance.
|Bracelet||Original Rado "NSA" Stretch-Clasp Bracelet|
The television-style case design has a comfortable and surprisingly subtle wrist presence. The case itself has been very lightly polished in the past and retains all of its original case geometry and angles. The case retains its original Rado signed crown. The case back displays all of its original factory markings in crisp and legible condition. The watch retains its original Rado "NSA" bracelet which features a stretch clasp and remains in exceptional unpolished condition, displaying only minimal stretch and signs of use.
The metallic blue dial has taken on a lovely spotted patina from age that displays an array of light and dark blue hues throughout the dial. The tritium lume plots have aged to a creamy coloration, under U.V. light inspection the 4 o'clock marker shows minor degradation, the rest of the lume plots remain fully intact. The original tritium hands match the dial perfectly, the hour hand shows a spot of lume loss and remains stable, the minute hand exhibits no degradation when inspected under U.V. light.
None. The watch is functioning and keeping time perfectly, the previous service history is unknown.