1960s Elgin Automatic
Elgin was a watch company originating from Elgin, Illinois and was founded in 1864 under the name "National Watch Company" and officially became "Elgin National Watch Company" in 1874. The first wristwatch for Elgin came into production in 1910 and in the Second World War, Elgin produced both watches and military instruments for the United States Military. Unfortunately, Elgin disbanded in the year 1968. All US manufacturing discontinued and the Elgin name was sold. After the Elgin names initial sale, the name passed through several hands which resulted in some interesting pieces that were manufactured under the Elgin name from all over the world.
|Bracelet||Stainless Steel "Kevin Drema" Bracelet|
The wonderful tonneau style case is unpolished and retains its original brushed sunburst finish and sharp lines with only very light signs of use. The crown is believed to be the original to the case. The stainless steel "Kevin Drema" bracelet is believed to be the original bracelet for the watch and it shows very little stretch with 22 links.
The silver sunburst dial with green and grey accents is in excellent and untouched original condition. The tritium lume plots have aged to a warm creamy coloration and remain full and round, without degradation when inspected under U.V. light. The original tritium sword hands match the dial perfectly and show no degradation when inspected under U.V. light.
None. The watch is functioning and keeping time perfectly, previous service history is unknown.