Nautoscaph IV - Tropic "Limited Edition"
With a heritage that dates back only to 1946, New York’s Alstater Watch Company—named after its Belgian-born founder, Joseph Alstater, and later abbreviated to simply Alsta—was able to go toe-to-toe with some of the biggest and oldest names in the business.
Alsta hit its stride in the ‘60s when they transitioned from dress watches to purpose-built sport watches, but despite releasing some incredible, legendary pieces, the brand went dormant in 1978. Luckily, Alsta was given new life and began releasing new models in 2017, starting with a vintage-inspired version of their most iconic model ever – the Nautoscaph.
Drafting off of the original, the new Nautoscaph IV combines modern day technology and materials with purpose-built design in a watch that is both high-quality and affordable. It features a unidirectional bezel, which removes the risk of it being accidentally turned while underwater, and is manufactured and tested to withstand the pressure of depths of 999ft (just like the original).
It’s a streamlined, stainless steel diver with a limited edition "Tropic" orange dial and black bezel, a strong, angular case, and sword-shaped lumed indices and hands for easy visibility at night and in low light. It’s as close to the original as you can get without going vintage, with the added benefit of modern-day upgrades like sapphire glass and a PVD-coated bezel.
|Strap||20mm Valencia "Beads of Rice" bracelet W/ Deployant Clasp|
* Automatic mechanical movement
* Stainless steel case with brushed finish
* Unidirectional dive timer bezel with durable, scratch-resistant PVD finish
* Streamlined construction and classic dive style
* Stainless steel beads-of-rice style bracelet with mixed brushed/polished finishes
* Indices and hands painted with Super-LumiNova
* Anti-magnetic, shock-resistant and water-resistant construction
* 24 MONTH LIMITED WARRANTY – We thoroughly test and proudly guarantee all Alsta watches for water resistance, shock resistance, temperature resistance and magnetic force resistance before release. All Alsta watches feature an international 2-year limited warranty. Please note, however, that certain restrictions apply; see our site for details. If the customer or an unauthorized repairer opens the watch, this invalidates the warranty, and a chargeable repair will result.